Learning from the First Step. Uni Mail in Geneva

Agnes Goda

Abstract


In 1559 Jean Calvin established the Genevan Academy to train students in humanist learning in preparation for the ministry and positions in secular leadership. The first building of the Academy, the so called „Auditoire de Calvin” still exists and is located next to St Peter’s Cathedral. Although law is also taught, the theological spirit remains predominant until the end of the 17th century.

Full Text:

pdf




This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0  License.

e-ISSN 2213-056X